Built in 1824 by Sir Nicolas Trant, Bunnyconnellan was affectionately known by the locals as ‘The Cottage on the Rocks’. Neill (known to all as Jock) and Mary Porteous ran the hotel together for over 30 years, until Paddy and Sheila O’ Brien took the reins in 1976. Bunnyconnellan has remained in the O’ Brien stronghold ever since- today the newly refurbished venue is proudly run by their son Paul and his family. The O’Brien family celebrating 40 years in Bunnys, 1976-2016.
Rumour had it that the old house was named after four children- Bunny, Conn, Nell and Ann, although the name is really borne of a town in Co. Mayo.
Some Staff members of Bunnyconnellans
From enquiry to booking, our team here at Bunnyconnellan are here to help you bring it all together for the big day
We also run many in-house events throughout the year- check out our calendar to keep up-to-date, or subscribe to our mailing list below
For reservations and enquiries, email us at email@example.com